Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Heartattack In A Layby

I pull off the road  East of Baldock and Ashford  Feeling for my cell  In the light from the dashboard   Hissing from the road  The smell of rain in the air con  Maybe check the news  Or just put a tape on   Lighting up a smoke  I've got this feeling inside me  Don't feel too good   If I close my eyes  And fell asleep in this layby  Would it all subside  The fever pushing the day by   Motor window wind  I could do with some fresh air  Can't breathe too well   (She waits for me. Home waits for me.)   I guess I should go now  She's waiting to make up  To tell me she's sorry  And how much she missed me  I guess I'm just burnt out  I really should slow down  I'm perfectly fine but  I just need to lie down   We'll grow old together  We'll grow old together  We'll grow old together...

Ipswich Beckons

No comments: